Volunteer of the Year!!
Winners of the seventh annual Winnipeg Tourism Awards of Distinction were announced this week (Winnipeg Free Press- May 31, 2018)
Winners were named from a long list of nominees across twelve categories, including a lifetime recognition award for Don Finkbeiner who has been active in Winnipeg’s travel and tourism industry since 1974 still runs a tour company.
This year’s winners are:
· Gloria Cardwell-Hoeppner, West End BIZ - Volunteer of the Year;
· Kit Ho, Inn at the Forks - Employee of the Year;
· Jordon Lanthier, MLS Management - Leader of the Year;
· Chocolatier Constance Popp - Small Business of the Year;
· The Forks North Portage Partnership - Large Business of the Year;
· Stefano Grande, International Downtown Association Conference - Bring It Home Award (Meetings & Conventions);
· Canada Summer Games Host Committee - Bring It Home Award (Sports & Special Events);
· Nuit Blanche Winnipeg - Marketing Campaign (Under $2,500);
· Winnipeg Folk Festival - Marketing Campaign (Over $2,500);
· INSURGENCE/RESURGENCE, Winnipeg Art Gallery - Innovation of the Year;
· Sport Manitoba - Partner of the Year;
· Don Finkbeiner - Lifetime Achievement Award.